Monday, June 05, 2006

A LONG STORY -- PART 3
ANSWERED PRAYERS

-- We have really been praying for our finances for about a year now. Evan's prayer this year has been, "Lord, help us to get debt free this year. I have no idea how you're going to do it, but I believe that you can!"

-- A second prayer has been for us to be able to raise our family out of town. Since we plan to homeschool, we would love an environment that would fit our family well.

-- Myah's prayer for years has been, "God, someday, can I please have a horse?"

-- My good friend and I have been meeting once a week for a play date with our kids for who knows how long. Our conversations have often times turned into prayer times, "Lord, use us to help this community! Help us know what our part is to be a blessing to those around us!"

I believe God may be answering all these requests in this one situation we are currently facing. We can be debt free, with the exception of a mortgage. Lord willing, we can build a house suitable for our family to be raised in and schooled in. Myah will be able to have a horse...maybe not right away, but at least we'll have the property to put it on! Finally, and most importantly, I believe God has big plans for this property. We (our friends and us) want it to be a place where other kids can come and have a safe-haven, and also learn about Jesus. Bon-fires, horse-riding, etc. My dream is to teach an "Apples of Gold" class to young moms in this community. (If you haven't heard of Apples of Gold, I'll try to explain that in a later post.) Many of the moms in this town are single and don't know how to prepare low-cost, healthy meals for their families. Since I enjoy cooking, and have a tight budget, I would love to offer some of the tips I've learned over the years. The biggest thing for me is that whatever does happen out there will not be ours. Whether we do end up building or not, that land will be God's -- to use for HIS glory as He wants to use it.

My prayer is that in the excitment of all this, I want to be okay if this whole thing fell through. God is in control, and knows what would best suit us for our eternal purposes. Knowing He is in control, I'm trying to hold this whole deal loosly in my hands and trust Him for all of our future! He knows how to best answer our prayers and if the best answer is "no" or "not now", I want my heart to be okay with that, too.

No comments: