Tuesday, March 02, 2010

KIANA IS 5!

What an amazing child God has blessed us with in Kiana! Exactly this time a year ago, we almost lost her with complications from croup. I am so thankful to God every day that He has blessed us with her! She's a tough "cowgirl", and yet she's gentle in spirit. She loves to give kisses and hugs as tight as she can, (and they usually hurt!)

Kiana's favorite things are bunny rabbits (more specifically "Buttercup"-- HER bunny), her new pink legos, anything to do with Petshop, Schleick animals, and of course, horses! She is my movie-junkie (the one I have to keep very limited!), and enjoys webkins on the computer. She's loves puzzles, is learning to read, but loves Math more than anything in school. She has been known to sit and work through a dozen pages at a time on her own! Setting up jumps and running through the house with her stick horse is not an uncommon sight around here. She keeps life exciting, that's for sure!

My prayer for you, Kiana, is that above all else, you will be drawn so close to the heart of God, that striving to know Him will be the main thing you live for. I pray that you will become a prayer warrior and a Bible scholar -- that all things in life outside the Lord will grow strangely dim. I pray that He will use you for His kingdom every day that He gives you life and breath! You are such a blessing to my heart and to this whole family. I love you dearly, sweet girl! Love, Mom














2 comments:

Camille said...

What a lovely post Terri! Happy Birthday to Kiana!! Such an incredibly sweet cake you made Terri...she must have loved it! You captured some lovely family moments there with your camera...and your aspirations for your little girl are beautiful! May God grant every request you made for her. :)

With Love,
Camille

Peg V.O. said...

I'm so glad she had a happy birthday! We would have loved to have been there to help her celebrate. Maybe someday! Pink Lego's, huh? I bet Joel won't be tempted to claim those! :) I hope you gave her a hug from us! We love her to pieces!
~Papa and Gramma V.O.