...it hasn't yet cost me everything. At first i wasn't going to watch this cause I, so in my pride, thought "oh i've heard this before.." But i opened it and watched it. First with a hardened heart, but then something happened. I look at my life, and it has not cost me everything. im still selfishly clinging to many things and doing so many things that are not pleasing to Him. Such foolishness. Thank you for being an empty vessel. Something has changed in me.
and it may not have yet cost you everything, but I believe his point is that we must be WILLING to give up everything if that's what it comes down to. We must hold our time, energy & posessions so lightly that if God says "use it here" or "give it here", we are willing. God is working on me, too, Tandra. I see the fact that He's working as a good thing, and a huge blessing! We are blessed so that we might be a blessing to others. We are given comfort so that we might be a comfort to others. To whom much is given, much will be required. Again, it all comes back to 100% complete surrender in EVERY PART of our lives. And I believe that that surrender is an on-going process --not just something that happens once and then we have accomplished it. It's a daily dying to self -- something I struggle with just as much as anyone else. I love you! Hang in there, and keep pressing into Him. "Fall face down" -- it's the BEST place to be!
This was so good! I love the fact that, once we have surrendered "everything", we can look back at what we've given up and see that it was really nothing at all. The things we hold so tightly to are simply nothingness and when we have give up our piles of filthy rags and nothingness, we find that we are given the fullness of God, His Joy, peace and strength. The riches of the Kingdom of God. Things that are real and lasting! Praise the Lord! Thanks for sharing this!
It took me a few minutes to figure out who you were, but then I realized!!! Thank you so much for visiting here! I look forward to checking out your blog when I find a moment to do so.
4 comments:
...it hasn't yet cost me everything.
At first i wasn't going to watch this cause I, so in my pride, thought "oh i've heard this before.." But i opened it and watched it. First with a hardened heart, but then something happened. I look at my life, and it has not cost me everything. im still selfishly clinging to many things and doing so many things that are not pleasing to Him. Such foolishness.
Thank you for being an empty vessel. Something has changed in me.
and it may not have yet cost you everything, but I believe his point is that we must be WILLING to give up everything if that's what it comes down to. We must hold our time, energy & posessions so lightly that if God says "use it here" or "give it here", we are willing. God is working on me, too, Tandra. I see the fact that He's working as a good thing, and a huge blessing! We are blessed so that we might be a blessing to others. We are given comfort so that we might be a comfort to others. To whom much is given, much will be required. Again, it all comes back to 100% complete surrender in EVERY PART of our lives. And I believe that that surrender is an on-going process --not just something that happens once and then we have accomplished it. It's a daily dying to self -- something I struggle with just as much as anyone else. I love you! Hang in there, and keep pressing into Him. "Fall face down" -- it's the BEST place to be!
This was so good! I love the fact that, once we have surrendered "everything", we can look back at what we've given up and see that it was really nothing at all. The things we hold so tightly to are simply nothingness and when we have give up our piles of filthy rags and nothingness, we find that we are given the fullness of God, His Joy, peace and strength. The riches of the Kingdom of God. Things that are real and lasting! Praise the Lord! Thanks for sharing this!
Bethany,
It took me a few minutes to figure out who you were, but then I realized!!! Thank you so much for visiting here! I look forward to checking out your blog when I find a moment to do so.
Blessings,
Terri
Post a Comment