Monday, December 21, 2009


TIS WILL BE A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER THIS YEAR...

Surprises. I love them and hate them at the same time. The best part is being on the side of the one giving the surprise, and Christmas as a parent gives perfect opportunities for that.

Three new critters will be welcomed to our farm this winter, and will hopefully bring some smiles to some sweet faces. Kiana wanted nothing but a bunny this Christmas, so after some looking and phone calls, we found another 4H family who sells babies. She had 2 left... how could we take just one? Even though it wasn't on his list, Joel is getting the second one. He needs something other than a chicken to snuggle... :) I think he'll like her.

I think the best part though, will be to see the look on Myah's face when she wakes up and sees a new horse in the pasture (if we can pull it off, that is -- a horse is not an easy gift to hide!) We have been looking ever since Noodles died and praying for the right one to come along. We found this one through our friend, Aaron. She is a beautiful paint mare. We are getting her on a trial basis, as it's been a while since she's been ridden, so we need to try her out and see if she'll work for our family. She has the sweetest temperment, though, and I instantly liked her when we went to look at her.
The plan is to bring the kids to our friends' house here in town while Evan and I go pick her up the afternoon of Christmas Eve. We will bring her home, and then head to their house for dinner, coming back after dark, so Myah can't see her.... until Christmas morning! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Oh dear me...THAT was what I wished for Christmas after Christmas!! :) I hope you can pull it off!! (Oh...the horse I mean...not the chicken!! ~ LOL)

Have a wonderful CHRISTmas Terri...God's richest blessings for you and your family in 2010!

With Love,
Camille

Terri said...

:) Thanks, Camille. Having the opportunity to do this is probably a once in a lifetime thing. Though I'm really having a hard time keeping this a secret! Joel already has a chicken, which is "his" pet that he has really taken to. Evan and I thought he needed something a little more snuggly, and b/c it was the last two bunnies, she gave us a deal! I really hope we can pull off the horse thing, too! Have a blessed CHRISTmas day with your family as well. Much love!

Peg V.O. said...

Oh, I so wish that I could be there to see their faces! What a wonderful Christmas it will be!