PRAYER DROPLETS
After visiting Camille's blog, she linked this blog, both of which were a great blessing to me. She quoted "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God", a book which is now on my wish list. :)
Here is what she quoted:
“I believe that one of the heaviest burdens well-meaning Christians place upon the shoulders of mothers at home is the mandate of ‘quiet time’ ”. She goes on later to say, “Too many women are in bondage to the man-made myth that everyone should pray in one great big gush early each morning. But rather than praying a river at an appointed time every day, I would suggest a more reasonable and feasible option for a busy mother: pray in ‘droplets’ throughout the day. Not only is this achievable, it is biblical. We are instructed to ‘pray without ceasing’ (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) and to let our souls follow close behind Him as His right hand holds us up (Psalm 68:8)."
I never thought about it as being "prayer droplets", but I love the image it gives, and oh how wonderful and practical it is!
3 comments:
Dear Terri...I am so glad the Lord used my blog to encourage you! It is my prayer that He would encourage anyone who arrives there.
One thing I never want to do is be an encouragement in the "wrong" direction...to quote my blog entry on quiet times..."As a precursor to the following blog link, I would want to emphasize that regardless of our limited "free" time...we must guard our precious moments with the Lord and make sure we are feeding from His Word and seeking Him in prayer daily. Value your time of quiet, even if it must take place with your apron over your head!"
I trust the post I linked to will not be taken as a license to "give up" on quiet time...AND...I hope that didn't come across in my post...it was a fear of mine that it might! :) The Lord is so good and gracious to lead us gently along...isn't He?
Another quote from that same post..."Having time alone with God and His Word each day is vital to our spiritual health and well-being."
Does this all make sense? In no way do I want to discourage you now that you've been encouraged!!
May the Lord bless you today...I will be praying for you!
In Him,
Camille
No discouragement, whatsoever! I have come to a place of peace in my own quiet times, which most often are interspersed through the day and not all in one rushing river, as she put it. I in no way took it as a license to give up on those times, either though. Quite the contrary --it was freeing to enjoy what I have already been enjoying. I understand how truly valuable time alone with the Lord is to my spiritual well-being. I am often times able to get a chunk of time in the morning, which is a huge blessing, but on the days it's impossible, I'm going to cherish my "Prayer Droplets" and not condemn myself the whole day for not getting "The Rushing River" in! :) I just really loved the imagery given! Blessings to you.
I am so relieved that you took it that way! Our times with the Lord are so vital and it is such a blessing to realize that we can be in communion with Him throughout the day...thank you for clarifying how you took it.
I've prayed for you today!
Blessings,
Camille
Post a Comment