GARDEN HARVEST
Well, the garden officially got hit hard with frost last night. All the plants were hit. Today, I harvested about 3 more watermelon, lots more cantelope (which still need to ripen -- and may not...), more tomatoes, including all the big green ones I could, a few last zucchini, and lots and lots of squash. The best part, however, was hitching up the trailer to the 4-wheeler, and gathering the pumpkin harvest. The kids had a blast, each picking out two of their own. I had planted a couple different types, and we ended up getting 3 of the gigantic ones, which worked out perfect for each of the older ones to claim one for their own. (Myah said she'd share with Aden...) In all, according to Joel, we have 33 pumpkins. I'm thinking next year, we may have to plant a field's worth and do a "you pick" pumpkin patch. I think that would be fun, but probably more work than I can handle. Enjoy the pics. It was a gorgeous day!!
3 comments:
Love the pictures! What happy kids! And what a LOT of pumpkins! I posted a link on Facebook you might check out if you are interested in canning any of it.
Blessings,
Camille
I was just thinking about how to preserve it, as I'm making some pumpkin bread from CANNED pumpkin.... I'll definitely check that out! Thanks!
Hope it is helpful!
Post a Comment