HOMEMADE SOFT CLAY
This is the best recipe ever! Store in a ziplock, and you'll be amazed how long it keeps!
In a pan, mix:
1- 1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup salt
2 T. cream of tartar
Combine and add to the pan:
1 cup water
1 T. oil
a few drops food coloring
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture stiffens and forms a ball. Spoon onto a lightly floured surface and knead 1-2 minutes. (Be careful, it will be hot.) Store in an air-tight plastic bag.
2 comments:
LOL...just wrote this recipe out as it was dog-eared and I was sorting through my recipe box tonight! Although I have to admit it hasn't been something I have made very often as little bits get stuck in the carpet. But you are right...it is a very good recipe.
I really am glad we have "met"...thanks for your friendship! It was fun to catch up a bit in "chat" tonight. I have been praying for the Bible study that takes place on Thursdays in your town. The Lord is so good!
Blessings,
Camille
Thanks so much for your prayers, Camille! I'll have to do an update on the Bible study at some point. The first week went well, we had around 20 people, half of which came in off the street! Praise God!
I have hard wood floors, so never had to deal with carpet and that recipe. We did put carpet in the school room, though, so I'll have to make a no playdoe allowed in there rule! :)
I appreciate you, too! You are such a blessing to me!
Post a Comment