Monday, August 03, 2009

SCHOOL ROOM PICTURES... FINALLY!

Some of you have been asking, and I finally got around to cleaning up this room enough to take a few pictures! This is where we will do "school" this year. I'm so thankful to finally have a place to help me be better organized! As a former teacher, I have a lot of "stuff" that I just couldn't part with, but didn't have room for until now.



In this corner, we plan to build a built-in bookshelf.

My messy school closet! I think I'm going to make curtains instead of putting doors on.









Kids' school desk -- I love the cubbies!







5 comments:

Camille said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for posting the pics! What a great spot to "do school"...so nice to have a dedicated area in the house. I like your idea of curtains on the closet. I have the same type of shelves in some of my closets...aren't they terrific? I am trying to get going on the blogging thing too...so you can add me to your list of blogs to visit. I will send you the link when I am ready to open it up to public view! :)

Terri said...

Thanks, Camille. I'm pretty excited about it. I visited your blog today and already added you to my list! :)

Camille said...

You ought to be excited...it is wonderful! Well done to both you and your husband on a great addition to your home.

I'm glad you visited my blog. These are learning curve days for me in that department. Oh well! It will be fun to record some of the goings on of life in a journal online...in fact, you are one of the people who has influenced my decision to go ahead with it. I, like you, desire for it to be a blessing to whomever the Lord would bring across it's path. Thanks for adding me to your list of blogs to visit...that was kind of you! :)

Kim K said...

It looks so great. Your kids are blessed to have such a nice learning space. It is so nice to have visited. I can picture just how things wonderful thing look:) Miss you guys. Love, Kim

Peg V.O. said...

Great job! That should make teaching AND learning easier!

And to think that room was full of stuff...including baby chicks and ducklings in a cardboard box...when we were there the end of April! Oh how I wish I had the two of you here to work on MY house! It will never get finished if it is up to Dad and me. :(