Monday, August 24, 2009

CHICKEN LOAF RECIPE (from my late-Great Grandma)
For Mom VO & Camille :)

4 cups cooked chicken (I usually cook a whole chicken and use it all)
2 cups bread crumbs (I actually just crumble up a few slices of bread)
2 cups cooked rice (I prefer brown)
2-4 celery stalks
salt to taste
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup chicken broth
diced onion
1 1/2 cup more chicken broth (or partial broth/milk)

Mix all together. Bake 350 for 45 minutes. Pour 1-2 cans cream mushroom soup over top and bake 5-10 more minutes.



2 comments:

Peg V.O. said...

Thank you for posting this for us! I'm drooling just thinking about it, but I bet mine doesn't turn out as good as when you make it. Can I just come to Montana and have you make it for me? :)

Camille said...

Thanks Terri! You are becoming a sweet friend...the Lord bless you as you look to Him each day.