
"GOD'S PLAN TO PROTECT HIS PEOPLE IN THE COMING DEPRESSION"
BY DAVID WILKERSON
My mom just sent me a copy of this book in the mail and I haven't been able to put it down since. It's been good to read this in the uncertain times we are facing. Though I can't quote the whole book I wanted to share a couple thoughts...
"God's hour of power is revealed when his people are brought to the end of their own strength and ability. Our Lord demonstrates his power toward us when we're at our lowest point."
"You are not truly a lover of Jesus if you are not daily preparing to meet him!"
"Those who right now are setting their hearts to seek God with all their being-- saturating their hearts and minds with His Word, and cleaving to Christ more and more -- are better prepared for the coming storm than anyone. They're safer and more protected than even those Christians who have stored away a year or two's supply of food in some country haven, yet who have not focused on their spiritual well-being."
This book was publised in 1998, and it was crazy to me how what I was reading fit right into what we are beginning to face. More than anything, I want to be prepared spiritually so I can face whatever comes our way. I think I've been driving Evan crazy with all my talk about all this stuff lately, but I know I can rest in the peace of knowing that God is in control and that I can trust Him through it all. I just need to keep praying, and keep my face in the one true book that I can totally trust -- His Word.
2 comments:
I find it interesting that everyone is alarmed about the economy, while the stock market is roughly where it was at when were were graduating 10 yrs ago. I'm not sure if the expectation of the stock market to grow every year is a good assumption, but having our hearts and souls daily in line with Christ is. I think the hoopla over the economy shows a genuine lack of faith.
Hey Sara,
It is crazy that there is so much talk about it all, but the economy is a reflection of this country and this country as a whole has lost its faith in God. So that explains all the talk about it and proves your point exactly. That's why I'm so glad that I'm a pilgrim here, just passing through.
Thanks for checking in! Hope you all are doing well.
Post a Comment