Monday, October 20, 2008

POLITICAL TALK

I've avoided this topic as long as possible, but I just came across THIS on my cousin's blog. I have to say I agree with him 100% on this. He says it better than I ever could, so please read his two posts on this topic.

Just to get it out there. I'm a conservative who tries to live my life as close to Jesus as I can using God's Word as my guide. I will vote McCain/Palin in the upcoming election without any hesitancy. I think neither side is all that great, but the Republicans line up most closely with my beliefs. Sarah Palin stands strongly for much of what I believe.

I will keep in mind, just as in the book of Daniel, "God sets up kings and deposes them". Thanks be to God that HE is in control!

I strongly disagree with a bumper sticker I just saw that read "Pro-life; Pro-Obama" I don't get it.....! "You can't be conservative about the Bible and vote liberal," as my pastor said in a conversation we had about this with him.

2 comments:

val said...

about the bumper sticker: a lot of people, including many devoted Christians, are coming to understand the term "pro-life" in a broader sense than just the unborn. valuing life can also encompass addressing issues of poverty, war, health care, as well as finding ways to lower the number unwanted pregnancies so that abortions happen less. democrats are not necessarily pro-abortion, they just have a different view on how to approach the issue.

Terri said...

Val,

Due to the fact that we've come across this issue quite frequently lately in the Christian realm ("pro-life" being used in a broader sense), Evan is actually working with me to write a response in a new post. So, stay tuned!

Terri