Tuesday, September 16, 2008


TRIP TO MICHIGAN
PART 1


Overall, we had a great trip! Considering it's 24+ hours in the car one way with 4 kids, everything went as well as could be expected. Sometimes our trips back are so crazy, they don't feel much like a vacation, but this time, it really did.

We started our trip in the UP. We spent 2 nights in northern MI, where we crossed the bridge and spent a day at Mackinac Island where we took a carriage ride to see things. The kids loved it, of course. The picture above shows Kiana chasing the sea gulls off the yard of the hotel we stayed in.



The day we took the ferry to the island was Joel's 6th birthday! It was a chilly ride, but it ended up being a gorgeous day! I enjoyed being around the beautiful great lakes again. Wish we had more of that in MT!

We headed to Petoskey that same day, where we briefly stopped to see some great friends from college and had birthday cake around 11:30 that night in the hotel room. (Thanks to grandma, it was yummy Zeeland bakery cake!)


Photos below: Pictures from our day on the island...















The next day we headed down to my parents' house. We celebrated Joel's birthday again with lots of family and friends. It was a fun time -- a birthday unlike any Joel has had before! I think it was a highlight of the trip for him and it was so great to see everyone again!




It was also great fun to introduce Aden to everyone. It truly is a blessing to have so many great-grandparents around to enjoy. We are so blessed! Thanks to everyone who came out to see us!

This only takes us half-way through our trip. I am having a terrible time narrowing down my pictures! So, stay tuned for the rest of the week... when I have more time!




My grandpa with Aden. Aden was 2 months old.












4 comments:

jules said...

Glad to hear you made it back okay. We had so much fun spending time with you guys when you were here. Usually when you come for a visit we see you for Christmas Eve or something like that. So, it was nice to have "extended" time with you. It was so fun to see Josh and Myah getting along so well and getting to know eachother. It made me really miss not having you closer. Looking forward to seeing more pics!
Love, Julie

Terri said...

We had a great time, too. I LOVED having "extended" time with you guys, too! Wish we could do that every time! Hopefully if you guys can make it out here sometime, we'll have more of that. When people come this way, we get lots of time with just them, and I love that! I'm hoping to get more pictures on soon. I didn't even get to our fun weekend with you guys yet in my post. We've just been trying to back on track with school and with oodles of laundry and housework, I've had very little time! It was cute seeing Josh and Myah get along the way they did. Hopefully it won't be long before we see you again!

jules said...

We really want to come out this summer. As we get closer to decisions we'll have to talk more about timeframes. I understand Traci and Andy want to try to come out and I think Tim and kim are looking into it. You may have a busy summer!

Terri said...

We LOVE company! Guess that gives us the winter to get some projects done around here! :)