Sunday, April 06, 2008

A TRIP TO THE CHIROPRACTOR

I have only been to a chiropractor one other time in my life -- way back in my teens. I can't even remember what I went in for way back then, but after suffering with psyatic (sp?) nerve issues on and off for the past few months, I finally decided to try it again. What a RELIEF!! I walked out of there knowing that whatever was "stuck" was no longer and that I was fixed, at least for now. My pelvis was tilted (probably due to hormones and multiple pregnancies) to the point that my right leg was a whole inch shorter than my left leg. With the extra baby weight, I had very little range of motion with that leg and frequent shooting of very sharp pain through my lower back and leg. It had gotten pretty bad, where one day I literally could hardly get to the couch and couldn't hardly get on once I got there. I just attributed it to "pregnancy pains" and didn't think there was anything that could be done about it. Had I known there was a fix, I would have gone MUCH sooner. Our pastor's wife noticed my discomfort this past Thursday and told me she had the same issue and one trip to a chiropractor and it was fixed. Four little adjustments on Friday and I feel so much relief. I am now a firm believer in chiropractic care!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

ooooh Teri, ouch!! Isn't it crazy how one little nerve can nearly immobalize you? I've had trouble with my sciatic nerve in the past, so I feel your pain! I'm so glad you got relief from the chiro. I don't get to go as often as I'd like, but when I do its the greatest feeling. My dr. has this mini jackhammer (thats what it reminds me of) and he can pinpoint a small area with the gun to help loosen the nerves/muscles. That little machine is a miracle worker! How are you feeling otherwise? When are you done with school for the year. I've only got 8 weeks left!!! The end is in sight!

Terri said...

Hey Lindsey,
We are looking at 4 1/2 weeks of school to go. I'm not sure what I'll continue with into the summer...probably nothing very scheduled b/c we all need the break and baby will be coming. The kids are in countdown mode!

Thanks for showing me the proper way to spell "sciatic" as well. :) So glad things are going well for you!!

the Domina said...

My right leg is naturally 1 inch longer than my left - never knew that until Mom sewed my Dutch costume and was frustrated that she couldn't get the hems even. Turns out her hems were even - I wasn't! Sciatic pain is awful, glad you found relief. I've heard of people taking their babies to the chiro to relieve cranky cholic issues.

Terri said...

This lady specializes in pregnant women and infants/children. The stories she had of children she has helped were amazing. She also said this should help my delivery go smoother also b/c the pelvis is completely opened the way is should be now. We'll see, I guess. Her first baby start to finish was 20 minutes. (Her husband is also a chiropractor.)