YUMMY SNACKS!
As a pregnant mom, healthy snacks are vital to life right now. The two things I've eaten more of than anything else in this pregnancy are:
1) apples and peanutbutter
2) vanilla yogurt, home-made granola with fresh fruit (today, it's strawberries!!)
As a result, my kids have adopted my cravings as well. I wanted to share this granola recipe with you. We eat it with fruit & yogurt, a little milk, or just plain. And, the best thing about it... IT'S EASY!!
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup veg. oil
1/3 cup honey
5 cups oatmeal (I use 4 cups oatmeal and 1 cup honey bunches of oats cereal with almonds)
1/2 cup dry milk
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
Combine first 3 ingredients in sauce pan and heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine dry ingredients in 9X13 pan. (I spray pan first.) Mix well. Pour sugar mixture over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Bake 375 for 10 minutes. When remove from oven, mix again. Cool and store in airtight container.
ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment