CHRISTMAS
I hope and pray you all had a wonderful Christmas. We were blessed to have Evan's family here. They arrived Christmas morning and leave tomorrow. Our time has been very relaxing and productive. It's amazing what projects get done with 2 extra guys around! Our side deck is almost built!
Along with Evan's parents, we have Erika, her foster son, Derrell and Justin, a 15-year old that Evan's parents have taken in for the last 2 years here visiting. We've made many good memories, many of which include laughter and of course food!
We have spent HOURS (and I mean HOURS!) playing the game "Settlers of Catan" that I got for Christmas. At first I don't think anyone was really getting into it, but now it's a fight over who gets to play. Guess I need the extended version next year so we can all play! We spent time ice skating on the pond and finally have gotten snow today. Other than the guys getting out for a day of fishing on Saturday and heading to church yesterday, we have spent the entire time around here just enjoying each other's company. It's been wonderful.
My Christmas cards are turning into New Year's cards, but that's okay. Just know that if you normally receive one from us, my goal this year is to be so late that it's the LAST card you receive. Not really, but it probably will be.
I hope to post some pictures soon, but time is limited right now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1 comment:
we love settlers, too. if you're like us, it takes hours just to play one game! matt is the "longest road" king. :)
Post a Comment