Saturday, August 11, 2007

KEEPING FOCUS

It seems that I've been bombarded with this thought lately, through our teaching at church, and also our home Bible study. It's so easy to get distracted by life, and what distracts us may be different for every individual. The Christian walk boils down to keeping "the Main Thing, the main thing". If we take our eyes off Jesus, we will fail, but with Jesus, we can walk through anything God allows in our life. The problem is, keeping our eyes on Jesus all throughout the day is a disciplined thing. Satan is always there to lure us to a different focus -- usually a selfish one. Where is your focus today? I'm working on mine, and thankfully, I don't have to work at it alone.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey I finally signed up so that I could comment on the many blogs that would not allow me too w/o an account - How are you friend? I am so enjoying the pictures of your family and your beautiful house! Hope all is going well! ( :

Warmly,
Mandi

Terri said...

Hi Mandi,

I've missed chatting with you! Our e-mail was down for quite a while, and I'll be sure to e-mail you with our new address. Things are going well here -- started into a new school year with the kids and we are enjoying it. I'll be in touch via e-mail soon!

Love,
Terri