Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekly Update -- July 23, 2007

I guess I'm being kind of lazy by avoiding my e-mail lately. I have to re-enter all our addresses into our new e-mail account and just haven't had the time to do it. I will send out our new address to everyone soon, though.


It was a blazing hot weekend with an even hotter week to come. We're still over the 100's mark, and ready to move to Alaska for some cooler summer temps. This is crazy. Evan and I both said that we haven't sweated like we did this past weekend in a LONG time. Of course it doesn't help we were doing our roof. We would get up early and work until noon, take a nap, and then go back out in the evening when the temps cooled to about 98*. The temps really have made the progress slow, but it is coming along. I finished piling the last of the old shingles on the trailer this morning. We had about 4,500 lbs. of old shingles to pick up and take to the dump. Just the clean up was a huge job! The roof isn't done yet, but I'll be sure to post a picture when it is.

Myah had her first horse show this weekend, which for the most part was fun and went well. The horse she has been using was pretty cranky that day (could it have been the fact that it was HOT with NO shade??? we were all a little cranky... :)) and had a mind of her own. She took off running after her buddy once who came loping by in the arena while they were warming up. Myah went for quite a ride and I about had a heart attack, but she hung on and wasn't hurt. That's the scary thing about horses. They are big animals, and no matter how well you think you know them, they can still have a mind of their own. She came home with some ribbons and a very good experience to look back on.




The other new news is that we are trying out a horse for the week. His name is "Noodles". We call him "Mr. Noodles" after the goofy guy on Sesame Street. He's a 5 year old gelding palamino with a great personality, as far as we can tell after 24 hours. Myah's riding instructor is coming tomorrow to give us her opinion. This world of horses is a whole new thing, so we can't help but learn fast. We are seeking God for the right one at the right time. The kids have already gotten pretty attached to Noodles, but we aren't sure we're going to keep him yet. Joel has absolutely no interest in horses at this point. He likes anything with motors and wheels, but wants nothing to do with riding Noodles.











For now that's about it. We are anticipating a new school year, which is quickly creeping up on us. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.












Myah with Noodles






Kiana on Noodles

(we can't keep her off!)





Riding Noodles





No comments: