Wednesday, July 11, 2007

LIFE UPDATE

No, we have not fallen off the face of the planet! I apologize to everyone for our lengthy time away from the computer. Whether you receive our e-mails, or just check our blog, we're back on-line! Our e-mail is still not functioning properly, so we'll let you all know when that is up and going again. We had some major computer issues, and were completely cut off-line from our Juno account. That account is no more. We think an outsider was using our account for abusive purposes, and as a result we were just cut us off. We've been too busy to even try to figure out what to do about it. We're still shopping around for a provider that gives us the speed and price we want, and living in a rural area makes that a bit difficult.

Enough about that! I'm not even sure where to start to catch everyone up on life here. We FINALLY closed on our property, and are so excited to officially own this home and land. God has truly blessed us. We haven't done much work in the last month b/c Evan has been working on outside projects for other people. We do hope to replace our roof this weekend. The last job he had we thought would be about 50 hours of work, turned into about 70. He worked over 100 hours b/t his normal job and that job during the 8 days it took him to finish. It turned out great though, and word is getting out that Evan does good quality work. (I'm starting to panic!) He's trying to learn to say "no" or at least "not right now" when it comes to outside work, as we really do have our plate full here.

We gained 2 pigs in on our mini-farm. (We like to call it the "Would-Be Ranch" -- it would be a ranch if we had the money and really knew what we were doing!) :) We got them from the pig scramble at the 4th of July rodeo, which I plan to write an entire post on. The kids call them "Spot" & "Wilbur". I like to think of them as "Porkchop" and "Bacon". :) It honestly is going to be hard not to get attached to the little buggers. But they WILL go in the freezer this fall!

Our first hay crop was cut & baled last week. Evan did a lot of the baling himself, and hopefully next year, we'll have the equipment to do it all. Considering it's an old stand, we did pretty well, and already have most of it spoken for.





Let's see.... the kids. Myah & Joel are in their 5th week of swimming lessons for the summer. Myah also has been enjoying her riding lessons and will be in some rodeos come August. She rides a horse called "Black Diamond" and she just loves her. Myah is mostly excited about the possibility of getting her own horse. Her riding instructor has one in mind for her from her parents ranch that they want to get rid of. We'll see.....










Joel is doing so well with his speech and is growing like a weed. We are preparing for him to start Kindergarten this fall. Homeschooling two will be a challenge and very busy, but I'm having fun doing prep work and getting excited to get started. We have a count down on our fridge, and our first official day will be August 13.





Kiana is all two and all girl. We've been trying to nip her whining in the bud lately, but there isn't much we can do about those happy shrilling squeals that she lets out except enjoy them while she still does them. Someday, I will miss them.... I can't believe how quickly she grew into this little girl that hangs right out with the big kids now.

I can't believe that summer is half-way over already. I had a great birthday...30 ain't so bad.... :) It was a tough week knowing that had circumstances been different, I would have brought another little one into this world that week. We stayed very busy with my parents though and had a GREAT time with them. My mom even through me this great birthday party, with a cake from my favorite bakery growing up! She brought it all the way from Michigan! :) She & Myah decked the house out while the rest of us went to a demolition derby. Only a mom would think of doing something like that...
I really hope all is well with everyone! I missed you all this past month. In a way it was nice not having the computer to distract me from life here, but I don't like not knowing what's going on with everyone.
(More pictures to come....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you are back online! Loved all the pictures! Thanks for taking the time to share them all!