Tuesday, July 17, 2007




Weekly Update -- July 17, 2007

I usually send out weekly e-mails to our family/friends that live far from us, but for now I've decided to just post my updates on here.


It's been a busy & tiresome week here at the VO household. We ripped the shingles off the house on Saturday morning, only to have it rain on us later that afternoon. Thankfully it was a quick rain, so there wasn't any damage. There is a chance for more, however, for the next 2 days, and we haven't had time to get the new roof on yet. It doesn't help the temps have been over 100*, so the actual time we have to work is very limited. I got the fortunate job of cleaning up the old shingles. A friend came to help last night, and we got two sides of the house cleaned up. The kids have been a big help as well. Joel even sacrificed an evening of swimming in the pond -- something he loves to do -- to keep helping out! It's a big job!


The kids are doing well. We are on our last week of swimming (Finally!) They progressed so much in that area this year, that every minute spent there was well worth it. Both kids are much more comfortable swimming now. Myah's horse lesson includes a trail ride tomorrow. Even I get to go along! It will just be Myah, her instructor and myself. We get to ride through the hills. LaDona wants her to be comfortable in all settings, not just the arena. I'm kind of exited I get to participate as well! :) We have a couple of horses in mind that we are going to check out to see if we want to purchase them. Myah's been fighting her flesh and working a little harder around here lately b/c she knows it's expected if we're going to get her a horse anytime soon. She won't just have one handed to her on a silver platter, but must do some sort of work to earn it. This has been very good for her, as working without complaining is not a strength of hers -- not yet anyway! We're working on it.

I'm including some photos of the hay field. Notice the driver in the bronco.... if you can guess who it is and get it right, you're a winner! (& no, it's NOT me, but I am driving the tractor!) :)

Hope all is well with everyone!































No comments: