Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A POTTY TRAINING NUDGE

Kiana had me fooled. After almost a month of doing very well with her potty training, I thought we had arrived! Then she turned 2.... hmmmm....

Kiana decided she didn't want to use the potty anymore and that she just preferred going in her pants. I was too stubborn to put a diaper back on her, so we just dealt with lots and LOTS of laundry! She continued to poop on the potty (she's not one for being messy!), but the wet messes still baffled me after so much time with success. I KNEW she knew how it all worked, and that it was just her little stubbornness coming out.

Sunday I vented my frustrations to our pastor's wife. She looked right at Kiana and firmly, but lovingly told her, "Now Kiana, you need to TELL your mommy when you need to go potty. You're a BIG girl now, and you're too old to go in your pants. Do you understand?" Kiana looked at her and quietly said, "yes". She's had almost a perfect record ever since!! :) Sometimes it just takes someone other than Mommy or Daddy to get through. Thank you, Jeannie! I do think we have now arrived...at least I hope! :)

No comments: