MOVIE HELP??
Quite a while back, Evan and I got rid of all TV in our house --a great decision, by the way. We have never regretted it. Living in Hardin, we only had access to two fuzzy channels, that rarely had anything decent on them. We refuse to pay the big bucks for satellite or cable, and decided we could better spend our time doing other things anyway.
After this change, we did decide to sign up for Netflix, which would allow us one evening a week to relax and watch a movie together. Sometimes we get ones the kids can watch with us, but mostly, we use it for something we do just the two of us. The problem is, we are running out of movie ideas and could use some help in this category. What are some of your favorite movies, old or new, that you would recommend watching?? I sure would appreciate some feedback in this area. We like to watch things that are decent, and when you don't know anything about a movie, it's hard to know what you're getting. So, I'm counting on you to share your favorites with us. It's been a while since I've had much feedback on this blog anyway, so now you have a reason to comment! Thanks so much!
6 comments:
Hi Terri,
I will try to think of some good movies, but I did have one thought: you might try some TV shows on DVD. Like "Monk" mysteries. They are clean and fun and if you like a good mystery, you would love those shows. You'd get like 4 on one DVD. Also, a lot of British shows and movies are clean (some of them are NOT, so don't take that for granted): you might try the "Poirot" series (based on Agatha Christie books) or movies produced by Masterpiece Theatre for PBS. My family is always looking out for good quality shows/movies, and we love all of the above. Hope that helps!
Becky
Thanks Becky. I'll have to check them out. I haven't heard/watched any of these!
Hi Terri-
This is Lindsey Russell. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!! Congratulations on selling your house too.
Have you seen The Prestige? It was fairly clean, it was PG-13, but I think it was b/c of disturbing images.
My husband and I tried out Nexflix for a while and I like being able to rent the TV shows. I feel like I can catch up on a series and not have to pay through the nose. The only downfall is even if there are 6 discs in a set you only receive one at a time from Nexflix. Sometimes you want to know what is going to happen so badly waiting a week can seem like torture. :) I don't know if you watch LOST (I don't) but I have a lot of friends who do. They say unless you've seen it from the beginning you can't really understand it. I'll send anything else I think of your way. :) God Bless!
Hi Lindsey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Traci keeps me posted a little bit on your life. :) Thanks for the movie suggestions. We haven't seen that one -- I'll check it out. It was good hearing from you!
how do you define "decent"? :)
Knowing you, Val, I would trust your judgement of what you would consider "decent". :) If it's something you and Matt have watched and enjoyed, we probably would too. It's so hard...we try to limit sexual content and foul language, but some movies that we've really enjoyed have a scene thrown in, or some foul language. (We recently watched "The Guardian" -- that would be a good example of one we enjoyed that wasn't completely void of these things...) That's why I'm going on recommendations from people I know and trust! :)
Post a Comment