GONE FISHIN'
Myah and daddy went fishing today on the Big Horn river. She wanted to go so bad, and though this was suppose to be a bit of a time away for Evan, he didn't even hesitate when she asked to come along.
Evan and I are both really trying to connect in special ways with our kids more and more lately. We will both admit to the fact that sometimes we focus so much on "disciplining & training properly" that we neglect to experience the joy of life with them. The problem we're facing is that they go together like a hand and a glove, and when you only focus on one aspect of it, even that aspect fails miserably.
I often think of interlocking fingers when it comes to parenting. On one hand we have the discipline/training and on the other we have the love and joy with them that comes from connecting with them personally. Separately, neither method will work, but when they come together is when you have success. Parenting has to be the toughest task we face. It's so easy to listen to the enemy's voice saying, "your doing it all wrong!" I certainly don't have the answers. In fact this past week has been a tough one in the parenting realm for me, but I'm not giving up. I love my kids too much for that.
I'll end with a quote I go back to again & again....
"You don't have to be a perfect parent when you're a praying parent." ~ Stormie O'Martian
No comments:
Post a Comment