Thursday, January 04, 2007

JOSIAH

"God will save"
"God supports"

Born/Died January 1, 2007 2:30 am

***************************************


My heart breaks today;
there is a hole there.
I do not understand,
but I know that You care.

The pain is so strong;
the tears never end.
I do not understand,
but I know I will mend.

"Why God, why?"
are some of my thoughts.
Will I ever understand?
I know that I ought.

My view is so skiewed,
while Yours is so grand.
My picture so small,
so on You, I will stand.

Walk me through this, Lord;
I can't be alone
My heart is still breaking,
and often I moan.

Hold me close
and hold him, too.
My son, I know,
is home with you.

Written January 1, 2007 through tears and a broken heart. A miscarriage is more than losing a "fetus" as they call it. It's losing a child. My heart breaks for every mom who has ever experienced it, for truly it is only those who have gone through it that understand the pain. I never understood before, but I do now. My prayer is that if you're one who doesn't understand, that you never will have to.

I will get through this. I know that I will. And thanks to all of you who have been praying. PLEASE DON'T STOP! It's the only thing getting us through this. That and the precious thought that my little baby Josiah is the first of our family to see Jesus face to face. I praise the Lord that God used us to be a vessel to get one more soul into the kingdom of heaven, even if we could only keep him for a short time. I sure can't wait to join him in worshipping our Savior in all His glory! I look forward to spending eternity with you, my son, though I do miss you dearly. More than words describe....I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan and Terri,
So sorry to hear of your loss. You've been in our prayers!!! Jon's sister also just miscarried her 2nd in 5 months:( It really is such a tragic thing. Thankfully we know their safe in the arms of God, and someday we'll meet them all face to face!!! You'll continue to be in our prayers!!!
Take Care...
with sympathy,
the Van Dyke's

Kimberly said...

Terri, I'm crying with you. I'm so sorry!! Your poem is such a beautiful expression of your pain and experience. You continue to be in my prayers. God bless, Kim