Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"DO YOU TRUST ME?"

These words have been all but audible to me these past several weeks. I know that God has been asking me this question over and over again. I've heard it many times, and in many different circumstances. His quiet, sweet Spirit has been whispering it to me.....

Do you trust me with my timing for taking Josiah?
Do you trust that I had a reason?
Do you trust that my plan is bigger than you can see?
Do you trust that I will take care of him?
Do you trust that I know what I'm doing?
DO you trust me?

Do you trust me with the sale of your house? (even if it sells before the other one is ready?)
Do you trust me with your finances?
Do you trust me with this open door?
Do you trust me that I'm leading you each step of the way?
Do you trust me that my timing is perfect?
Do YOU trust me?

Do you trust me with my plans for your children?
Do you trust me for their well-being?
Do you trust me for their salvation?
Do you trust me with their lives?
Do you trust me with their futures?
Do you trust that I'm in control?
Do you TRUST me?

Do you trust me in all circumstances?
Do you trust that I'm your provider?
Do you trust me in the details of life?
Do you trust that I truly love and care about you?
Do you trust me to keep leading you?
Do you trust ME?

.... and today I was able to answer, YES, LORD, I TRUST YOU! I trust that you have a plan to work the good from Josiah's death. I TRUST you to be leading us through our house change. I trust YOU to take care of every detail of my children's life and to glorify yourself through their walk and time on this earth. I TRUST YOU to provide wisdom, knowledge and understanding, even more than you provide for our needs. I do trust you, Lord.

I was able to answer God today on my way to Billings to bring Joel to speech therapy. The sun was just coming up over the horizon and shining His glory on the priaries around me. The snowy mountains glistened in all God's splendor. He was visible every direction my eyes could look. He was revealing himself to me and gently saying, "you can trust me.... my light is what radiates from the sun, and I do it every day. I created all this around you and control every aspect of it. And I love you more than you could ever imagine...do you trust me?" And I was able to say yes, Lord. Lead on. Just like the Israelites had to keep their eyes on the cloud by day and the fire by night, I will do my best to not take my eyes off you. I will walk by faith and not by sight, b/c when I walk by sight, things fall apart. I TRUST YOU!

No comments: