Sunday, December 28, 2014

A LIFE-CHANGING STUDY

I think I can safely say, this is the best book study I have ever done. I also think it's safe to say each and every person that went through this with me, was challenged in many ways to re-think the way we have always thought about God. The important thing is to be sure we are worshipping the God of Scripture, not creating one in the image WE want Him to look and calling it "Jesus".

Every lesson takes you through Scripture and gives many thought-provoking quotes and challenges. The goal of the entire study is to see "God's name lifted high above all else." It takes you through the true gospel and our response to it regarding holiness, worship, evangelism, Christian service and teaches how to avoid the lies of beholding a lesser God and Pragmatism. It ends with showing the importance of seeking the One True God that we behold. POWERFUL. I am thankful to have gone through this, and actually don't plan to put it down anytime soon.

My own personal testimony is that God used this as a tool to cause me to see the Lord more clearly again after a time of confusion for me regarding many things. I had been praying for clarity and God used it to help restore my focus, point out things that were wrong and cause me to see what truly matters in my walk with Him. It was the beginning of an answer to a prayer, "Lord, I want to know You! Take me deeper...." that I have been praying for a long time now... I still pray that prayer, but am blessed to know He is answering it.

If you are looking for something to do as a family, small group, or church, I would HIGHLY recommend this.

"Behold Your God: Rethinking God Biblically"
by John Snyder
 
 

No comments: