Had a texting conversation with a long-distance friend today. We were discussing prayer, and the need to really spend that time before the Lord -- one on one. So often we hear, "Well, I pray all day as I'm going about life." Yes, that's important, but it's in our prayer closests that we really LEARN to pray.
This thought came to mind.... Let's say I went on a date with Evan. We planned to have good coversation, talk about some things, but then I pull my school planning out and attempt to do that while maintaining a conversation with him. My focus would be shared and pulled in different directions. God understands my life, but He also knows I can deal with it so much better when I have that quality time with Him. He doesn't want to share me all day every day. Yes, we need to pray through our tasks, but we will lose that intimacy and closeness if we never have time alone together... we need time alone DAILY communing with the Lord!
As I told my friend, this is probably my biggest battle every day -- to find that place and time to pray alone. That alone tells me how important it is, and how hard the enemy fights to keep me from it. Even studying my Bible is easier to me than praying.... we need them both so desperately.
"When you miss your devotions one day, you notice. When you miss them 2 days, your spouse and kids notice. When you miss them 3 days, the world notices."
"The devil knows if he can keep you from the Word (& prayer), you'll simply dry up" (Wayne Cordeiro). Abiding in the Lord, is abiding in the vine. Just like a tree that dries up, the fruit will disappear, and remember dear friends, we are known by our fruit! How vital it is that we stay connected to the vine!
1 comment:
Thank you Terri. You are a blessing to me.
Love,
Camille xo
Post a Comment