Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Autumn Day

As the seasons change, life does not seem to be slowing down.  I spent the day stacking heavy hay bales, preparing for winter on this gorgeous fall day.  Thankful for some good physical exercise, but my body will probably be complaining tomorrow! 

I read to my children as they put the roof on their life-size wigwam/fort in the pasture. I kept telling myself "Math can wait till the snow flies! Days like this are such a rare blessing." We did school as we did life today, and it was wonderful.

I watched the bond my daughter has with her horse today... I was attempting to get Dixie to move to a different location without a halter on hand with little success.  She just sort of looked at me like there was no way she was going to cooperate, especially since I didn't have a halter.  I called Myah outside.  In her flipflops, she comes to the fence, calls Dixie over to her and points through the gate.  The horse gleefully came running and obeyed her instruction without hesitation.  Made me want my own horse to bond with. ;)

Two friends stopped by. One helped me finish stacking the hay, as I was close to giving up.  (I later found out the bales were about 125# each -- no wonder I was struggling!) The other friend went inside and made juice for us as we finished some fencing around the hay stack. We ended the day with wonderful conversation on the front steps and a pleased husband when he got home!  Goal accomplished!

I love days when I slow down enough to enjoy them.  Today was one of them.  Thank you, Lord for the gift of today.

Now, to get some studying done....

3 comments:

Camille said...

Fun post my friend. What a blessing to read that you *did life* and relaxed the *rules* a little...yippee!!! I know it is not your vice to be a slacker...rather, the opposite...good for you!! What precious memories you are making with your children. :)

Love to you!
Camille

Camille said...

Just hopped over to read this post one more time. It makes me smile. How are you doing?? Is the snow flying yet? Don't you just love the seasons? I do. Change is refreshing. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Camille

Camille said...

Hey there my sweet friend. Thank you for your email...it was a great blessing to my heart! I hope to get a chance soon to reply....trust all is well?? How is your hubby after his injury?? May the LORD bless you richly! Love you!
Camille XO