Friday, March 02, 2012

ELLERSLIE MINISTRY 


In the same week, two different people in two parts of the country introduced me to Ellerslie Ministry.  This sermon is one I have listened to parts of over and over again.  It was very convicting, very challenging, and really made me think about a lot in my life.  I cannot recommend it enough!


Some major points that stood out to me...


* We are to stop coddling others and speak truth.  Truth is what sets people free, verses a hug.  Sometimes we just need to tell people to repent, and not hug them in their sin.  Sometimes I need to just be told the truth, and not only given a hug.
* When things don't go my way, or I am falsely accused, I am to be "exceedingly glad".
* These things completely contrast each other.... which side am I on?


The cross is about me.
The Gospel is about me.
Jesus is about me.
The Bible is about me.
My Bible study is about me.
My prayers are about me.
My money is for me.
My time belongs to me.
My leisure time should be spent on me.
The credit for any achievement or any behavior should go to me.
After all, God desires me to esteem me!

OR SHOULD IT BE....


The cross is about JESUS.
The Gospel is about JESUS.
The Bible is about  JESUS .
My Bible study is about  JESUS .
My prayers are about  JESUS .
My money is for  JESUS .
My time belongs to  JESUS .
My leisure time should be spent on  JESUS .
The credit for any achievement or any behavior should go to  JESUS .
After all, God desires me to esteem  JESUS above all things!






6 comments:

Camille said...

Amen. It's all about HIM!

Thank you for sharing this Terri. May the LORD be glorified in all we do.

Love,
Camille

Camille said...

Missing you my friend. Trust all is well? Have a wonderful week.

Much Love,
Camille

Camille said...

Thank you for praying for us my precious friend! I am thankful for YOU!

With love,
Camille

Camille said...

Terri...I am stopping in to say Hello and to let you know I have not forgotten you. Trust all is well in your family and you are enjoying this summer. :)

Love,
Camille

Terri said...

Camille, you have no idea how often I think of you! I apologize for letting this blog go for a season! Thank you for your "hello". I appreciate you so much!! I need to just send you an e-mail to catch you up on things! Much love to you!

Camille said...

Yes, Terri...please email me! I seem to have misplaced your email address. :)

Love to you!
Camille