Tuesday, January 17, 2012

PROCESSING


There have been moments lately that I feel sort of "out there", if that makes any sense.  Evan has even asked me, "You sure you're okay?" more often than normal....  Guess I just seem to be processing a lot lately.


"Processing what?" you ask.  Ministry.  Scripture.  Finances.  Homeschool.  Children.  Just wanting everything I think with my mind, touch with my hands and speak with my mouth to be honoring to Christ and weighing those things out to that standard.  I feel I miss out on so much when I try to do things on my own, and frequently fail miserably.


Tonight I re-read some of my old stuff about Josiah.  He is may baby that I lost at 15 weeks gestation 5 years ago on New Years Day.  I was reading about trusting the Lord, and how through that horrible time, that's all God wanted to hear from me was that I trusted Him. 


Tomorrow night, our women's Bible study is all about God's faithfulness, and how even when we don't SEE... we must trust.  I have been pondering Jeremiah 17:5-8 all afternoon.


Comparing the man who trusts in himself (vs 5-6) and the man who trusts in God (vs 7-8).

The man who trusts in himself:
cursed; depends on himself for strength; heart departs from the Lord; dry; misses it when the good things come; alone; thirsty
-- There is no source of water connected to this tree, so it shrivels and dies.  Sort of like a plant that you take from the sunlight and put in a dark closet.  The farther you take it from the light, the more it withers.  Or, if you cut a leaf off from a plant, so it is no longer connected to the vine (John 15), it's going to shrivel up and die!

The man who trusts in God:
 blessed; growing; fearless, even in rough times; doesn't shrivel in the heat; doesn't fear drought; does not stop producing fruit
-- The roots receive water from the SOURCE of water, so it never dries up.  It is constantly being fed by that source of water as well.  It can't just get one dose of water and expect to live on that.  It is a continual flowing of that water to keep that tree healthy & alive.

A quote I read tonight, that I thought was so fitting...

"God has never failed me.  Even in my greatest difficulties, heaviest trials, deepest poverty and need, He has never failed me.  Because I was enabled by God's grace to trust Him, He has always come to my aid.  I delight in speaking well of His name."  George Mueller

I couldn't have said it better. 



3 comments:

Camille said...

I remember reading those posts Terri...how heartwrenching they were! Yet, the LORD shone through. It was about that time that I *met* you...and it was through your blog that I came to think of you as a friend. The LORD is Good. HE does all things well. May HE give you HIS peace as you look to HIM each and every day.

Much love,
Camille

Isaiah 26:3-4

Terri said...

Great Scriptures, Camille! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad we *met* & became friends! :)

Camille said...

Me too. :)