Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ON PERSEVERANCE

ROMANS 5:3-4
... we glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance, and perseverance, character, and character, hope.

Observations:
I know tribulations are good for us, especially when I see that they bring us to that place of hope.  In tribulations, we must press on-- we must press on through them physically & mentally, but we also must press on spiritually.  Sometimes when things get chaotic, I tend to focus on the situation, and not on Jesus, who is the One who will bring me through the situation. Perseverance produces character in us, which is something God does not just give us, but we obtain over time and through trials.  When we push through in difficult times, character is built & our focus is put where it needs to be -- having hope in an eternal future with Jesus Christ.  Not only do we have the hope of getting out of our present difficult circumstances, but it also enables us to look ahead to the amazing future that awaits.  Trials keep our focus heavenward!

So, instead of seeing trials as something to dread, I desire to view them in a positive light.  My reaction and my attitude will greatly determine my ability to get through them, regardless of the actual circumstances that surround me.  In the midst of the trial, if my focus can be perseverance -- keeping my eyes on Jesus -- I am walking in the right direction, knowing that the end result will be character and a deeper hope!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Oh how comforting it is to know the the LORD leads us into trials for our own good and HIS glory!! What a blessing that HE meets us in every need and provides everything we require! Still praying for you my friend...are the waters abating??

Much Love,
Camille