Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BEEN BUSY!!

Garden is half planted.  Corn, beans, lettuce, spinach, radishes, carrots, potatos, & onions are all in.  Still to come, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and of course... pumpkins!  It is all confined to ONE location this year, and with daddy's help, we should have a good irrigation system up and running shortly!  :)  I also have a small herb garden in the works...

Puppies are leaving this week to join their new homes!  It's been another fun adventure, and saying goodbye is always a little bit both bitter and sweet.  We've gotten really attached to one little girl, who will be moving to North Dakota and joining another family with 4 kids.  Thankful to have found good homes. 

We are doing a russian olive removal on our land.  We have about 4 acres total of trees that we are cutting down.  Russian olives have spikes on them several inches long and are a noxious weed.  We plan to re-plant with native trees.  Not the most pleasant job, but we are glad to do it.  It is making things look a lot different around here!

Horsey time!  Myah's 4H is almost in full swing.  She's been riding a lot around here, and in a week, we start our weekly trips to the fairgrounds.  She is still determining which horse she will use for the program this year.  Cowboy is her trusty faithful old guy, and Dakota is a step more challenging, but I think she's ready for that.  Her dream is to use Dixie, which she has been spending a lot of time with as well, but I think it will be at least a year before that happens.

Joel is discovering the joy of dirt bikes... oh boy... here we go!  (My children are choosing some of the more "dangerous" hobbies, I'm afraid!)

School.  We have 2 1/2 weeks left, so we are plowing through.  It has been helpful that the weather has been cool and rainy, so we are not so antsy to be outside.  My kids have requested to keep going with some of it through the summer time, so I am working on that.

Wild asparagus is in full bloom, so this past weekend, we went picking and got a bunch in the freezer.  I'd like to do one more round like that one, and we should be set for the year.

Our main goal for the summer as far as projects are concerned is to get the barn sided.  I feel like we are taking a bit of a breather when it comes to some of those major things which feels really good!

Women's Bible study is wrapping up for the summer, and we have gone to bi-weekly studies at the shelter on Thursdays.  Sunday nights, we still meet weekly and are still studying through Romans. It's been such a blessing!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I enjoyed reading your *update* on life Terri...LOTS going on around there! What a blessing!

Yippee for Summer holidays and the change of pace that brings...we school into June here...but we begin later than you (after Labour Day in September). :)

I would *love* to have a patch of wild asparagus...I remember reading about that last year...how fun!!

Much Love,
Camille

Peg V.O. said...

Wow, it makes me tired just to read about all of your activities! But then I have always been amazed at your energy! So glad you are getting so much done now, so you can enjoy that vacation that's coming up soon. We are getting so excited to see everybody again!