Wednesday, April 07, 2010

JOURNEY THROUGH PSALM 119


When I heard that one of the things the people do at U-Turn is go through Psalm 119, write out each verse, and write out what it means after each verse, I wanted to do that! So, I started, and I have been SO blessed by doing this little exercise (though I do have a long way to go yet!). As Camille commented in the last post, studying God's Word takes effort and time, and that is why it so often is put aside. It needs to be a priority in every believer's life, however. My desire is that through this little exercise, you can see how fulfilling it is to really dive into it, with hopes of encouraging you to do the same. No time spent in God's Word is EVER wasted!! So, I leave you with just a few verses at a time to ponder and think about...

(1) "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord."

We are blessed when we walk clean and in obedience to His commands. We are blessed (or happy!) when our lives are conformed to the Word of the Lord.

(2) "Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart!"

We are blessed (or happy!) when we obey and passionately strive to know God -- a deep enormous desire to please Him with the whole heart!

So many people look for happiness in all the wrong places. These two verses alone show us that we are blessed, we are happy, when we walk in obedience to Him, and desire to please Him with our whole hearts. Counseling made easy, right there!!!!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Dear Terri ~

What a beautiful idea!! I think I am going to get the kids (along with me in my own notebook) to do the same thing! Thanks for sharing.

With Love,
Camille

Tandra said...

YIPPEE!

Barb said...

Working my way through the Psalms 119 also. Thanks for the letter Terri! Or, as our friends at the shelter would say, "Palms" :-)
Barb

Terri said...

Yeah! I'm so glad so many people have started to do this! I know of several that have been going strong and being so blessed by it. I know the blessing it's been to me, though I'm overwhelmed at the idea of posting them all -- I may just pick some random ones to put on here, I don't know yet. I'm on vs. 41 in my notebook. My Believers Bible Commentary and Strong's Concordance have been a huge help as well.