GOD'S MOTIVE -- ALWAYS HIS GLORY!
Have you ever pondered why God would WANT to save us from our sins?
In the study I'm doing with a couple of ladies on Tuesday nights, we are in the thick of this discussion right now. God had no need to save us! He already has the world and all it contains (Ps. 50:9-12). He doesn't need anything, since He Himself is the source of all things (Acts 17:24-25). Man has no merit! Our body, reason, emotions, and will are all polluted by sin. None of us can love God in a worthy manner; we cannot glorify God in every thought, word and deed and all men prefer self to God. We are spiritually dead, morally corrupt and unable to change ourselves.
Praise be to God, that for the praise of His own glory and for the great love with which He loves us, He chose to make a way. It is all for the sole purpose of bringing glory to God! May we esteem, worship and enjoy Him as God in every detail of everything we do every single day. If something I'm doing is not bringing God glory, then I am not fulfilling the purpose of why I am here.
1 comment:
Very well said my friend! We are definitely here for the sole purpose of bringing glory to God. As it says in the Westminster Catechism Question One ~ "What is the chief end of man?" Answer ~ "Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever!"
Have a lovely evening!
Love,
Camille
P.S. Thought you might like to know I posted your recipe on my blog and linked back to you...for those YUMMY refried beans! Thanks again for sharing the recipe ~ we love them. :)
Post a Comment