TACO CASSEROLE
4 cups cooked brown rice
5 cups cooked pinto beans (I cut back on beans and added 1 lb. ground meat)
16 oz. frozen corn
1 1/2 qt. canned diced tomatoes, processed in blender (didn't do the blender thing)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
15 oz. can olives, sliced
1/2 tsp. onion powder
grated cheese
Mix and simmer all ingredients (except cheese) for 5 min. Put a scoop of mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish. Spread a layer of tortillas on top of the mixture. Spread another layer of mixture, layer with cheese, and then top with tortillas. End with mixture and top with lots of cheese. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
This can easily be cut in half for a smaller crowd. This made a huge casserole! Could probably put 1/2 in freezer and get two meals out of each batch for our big family.
3 comments:
Yum ~ This sounds good! Do you mean tortilla chips or corn tortillas?
Have a great night!
With Love,
Camille
I just used flour tortillas, which is what I had in the house. It was good. We didn't even get sick of it, and it makes a lot!
Thanks Terri ~ I will definitely have to try it...sounds yummy.
Blessings,
Camille
Post a Comment