GOD'S HELP AND GRACE
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
God gave me these verses last week, and this morning, I had the Psalm 121 song running through my head. You can listen to it here. (I wish I knew how to post youtube videos!)
I will lif tup my eyes to the hills -- from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve you going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore. Psalm 121
The battle has been heating up. The enemy is not turning his head away from what we are trying to do for the Lord with attempting to teach our children the things of the Lord, and also on Thursday nights. We are not dumb to think that my car accident, broken water lines, sick children (had it not been for the albuteral inhaler, we may have been in the ER with Kiana again this weekend!), and now our seven year old horse getting a rare infection and dying in less than a week, comes from anywhere but the enemy. But we will not be discouraged! God is allowing these things in our lives to build character, and He is not leaving us to fight the battle by ourselves. "My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth!" "His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in our weakness!" Praise Him!
We may feel in over our heads on Thursday nights, but we are not alone, and that is right where Christ wants us -- totally dependant upon Him. We feel weak, but His strength is greater! The One who created everything goes through those doors with us. He is the One who must do the work. We are just not to get discouraged and we are to plug along. We are also learning so much through this experience. We can have confidence because of the One who gives it, and must be willing to not focus on meaningless or worldly things, but we must be willing to die in the battle of fighting for the Lord.
Praise Him that we don't have to do it alone!
So the enemy better watch out! We have the King of kings on our side! He may be trying to distract us with stuff going on all around us -- insurance companies, setbacks on building the barn, and even touching where it hurts, but the more he fights, the stronger we fight back. We are standing at the gates of hell trying to share the gospel to this very dark community. We were naive to think it was going to be any easier than it has been.
Please keep us in your prayers! Pray for safety and health for our family, and for perseverance for us as well! God bless you for fighting with us!
2 comments:
Praying with you and for you.....
Blessings,
Camille
~ Psalm 91 ~
Ditto from Mom V.O.! I am so proud of everything that you are trying to do and I know God will protect all of you!
Post a Comment