THOUGHTS ON REGENERATION
"The only thing that matters for any of us is this: "Am I a new creature, or am I still the same person that I have always been?" If I am the same person that I have always been, then I am not a Christian, and no amount of church attendance, liturgy, religious ceremony, "going forward at the invitation," or "accepting Jesus" means anything. What is regeneration? It is a new creation! In short, it is a miracle, not a "decision," or any kind of human act whatsoever."
Charles Leiter "Justification and Regeneration"
3 comments:
The Lord is teaching you sooooo much! What a blessing to be HIS and not depend on ourselves at all!! It is the Lord that keeps us and leads us on...He will never fail and never will He leave us to ourselves...what a thought. With all this learning and growing comes spiritual attack, but remember..."Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world."
In Christian Love,
Camille
P.S. Do you have a copy of "Morning and Evening" by Spurgeon?
Thanks, Camille. God is so good!! No, I don't have a copy of that. But I think I'd like to get my hands on it! I'll have to look for it. The amazing thing is... God is teaching both Evan and I together. I'm so thankful for that!
Oh...YES...you must guard your spiritual life together!! So important!! The devil seeks to divide families and marriages...pray together daily and do not let anything come between you. The Lord will protect your marriage as you look to Him together. I know of one couple in particular that were torn apart by the two of them persuing God separately. The lady began finding "deep" spiritual experiences with other women while the man retreated into his own spiritual life. They were not "knit together" and they went down two very different paths. It wasn't long before their marriage ended (after nearly 30 years). I cannot stress enough how important it is to seek the Lord together and protect that...it is so precious.
Regarding "Morning and Evening"...it is so incredibly good...you will not be disappointed. It won't be long and you will be sharing it with others. It is a devotional book which has a reading for both morning and evening for every day of the year. We have been blessed by it immensely.
Post a Comment