MY FIRST QUILT
Here is the pattern for the quilt that I am starting. We are altering it a bit in order to make it bigger. My friend Rachel really has done all the grunt work for me, so much thanks goes to her! I never could do this without her! We're both making one, and I'm really looking forward to doing it together. It's the only way I'll ever successfully complete it. So, here we go!
6 comments:
Yeah, Terri! That is very cool! I wish I could do something like that, how neat!
Amazing!! I would love to learn to quilt. What a blessing to have a friend with the know how!!! Post pictures of your progress if you think of it:) I would love to see how it comes out. Kim
I have to remember to take pictures! I will try to post some. We almost have it all cut out, and then the sewing begins!
Hooray - join the fun sewing world! You'll have to let us know what part of the quilt making process you like the best: planning, sewing, or quilting. You are going to hand quilt it, right? RIGHT?? :)
Oops - forgot this: if you want great quilt and sewing inspiration, head over to www.sewmamasew.com/blog2 and search their archives for quilt month (Feb 08). Many beautiful quilts!
Actually, Sara, THIS quilt will be quilted on a brand new quilting machine that Rachel's mom just bought. My next one that I'm already planning (a quilt for Aden for when he joins Joel on a bunkbed someday) I plan to hand quilt. Joel has a really cute one that I'd like to somewhat match. Can you tell I'm addicted already? :) Thanks for the website. I'll have to check it out! I have about 3 future projects in mind already, and bought a new sewing machine to make it all happen!
Post a Comment