Not sure why, but several people asked me what was bothering me today. I must have really had a "look" about me or something. I really couldn't tell them any one specific thing, but kind of concluded that I just sort of have a "heavy heart" today. Evan & Myah left for their hunting trip, and I spent some time with a close friend this evening from our church. As I started rambling a bit in response to this question, I sort of concluded that I simply have a lot on my mind right now.
When you're a parent, it seems your mind is constantly going to each child in many different areas. Thoughts of spending quality time with each one, discipline issues, school (in our case), heart issues (being the most important in my eyes) seem to clutter my mind on a daily basis -- then you mulitiply that times 4 and my brain is already hurting.
My heart is heavy for the lost -- people who don't know Jesus, or people who say they do, but spend their time living for themselves. If you can't tell from much of my blogging lately, I'm feeling called to speak truth and be bold about it. I spend a lot of my free time, (or housework time) listening to various teachings, meditating on something I read or am memorizing in God's Word and I just ache for people who are living their lives focused on the wrong things. I ache for people I know to really love Jesus personally. I feel like I fit into that category for so many years, and God has given me a new zeal for Him and His Word and I just want to shout about it. I don't ever want to go back to where I was before. I want to make the most of every day I have to make a difference for the kingdom of God.... because so many people are perishing....
My heart is heavy about post-election stuff. I can't say I was all that surprised about the outcome. I knew Mr. Obama would win. As a result, I worry about my homeschool freedoms slowly being sucked away. I worry about all the little babies that will suffer pain and not have a chance at life because of new laws promised to be made. Literally, I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I just can't believe people can even think that that's okay. Where are the morals in this country? I have been realizing that God is in the process of separating the goats from the sheep in our churches today. I so badly want to make sure everyone I know is a sheep. There is a "true church". A beautiful bride for Christ.
These are just a couple of the things heavy on my heart today....
.... so I will pray. God is in control. He allowed Barack Obama to be the next leader of this country. God has greater plans for my children than I could ever imagine. He loves every single one of those tiny babies who will be aborted and will take them home to Him. He has not called me to a spirit of fear, but a sound mind. I am not suppose to worry about anything, but pray about everything. I praise God that He is in control. No matter what storms may come, I put my trust in Him, and I lay all my fears at His feet. I pray you are a sheep, willing to walk the narrow path and make a difference in this dark world that we live in. That is what we are called to do. Nothing else matters. So join me. Be bold for Jesus. Be a light in this dark world. Look different than the world. I'm starting to feel like people look at me as being "weird" and nothing could make me happier. I want to live my life 100% for Jesus Christ.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your heart, Terri. Again, I wish we could sit down with a cup of coffee, or be able to share in a bible study together. I miss you!
I miss you, too, Julie.
I, too, am thankful for you sharing you heart Terri! So thankful to have you as a sister! love you
wow, you're so amazing. Yay God! I'm thankful to have you as a good friend.
Post a Comment