GARDENING -- PART 1
(I'll add part 2 when I get some pictures off my camera.)
This week has been full of planting. We finally got everything planted in our garden last night, the size of which is quadrupled from last year's garden. (What were we thinking????) Corn, peas, beans, potatoes, squash, zucchini, about 10 tomato plants, peppers, pumpkins, radishes, lettuce, spinach, watermelon and cantelope covers the list of what we are hoping to reap this fall. Thankfully, a friend and I hope to do some canning and freezing together so that none of it will go to waste this year. I sure hope that works out!
Yesterday, the kids and I stopped at 2 different green houses. We were looking for cherry tomato plants, something that has been difficult to find this year, but a requirement for any garden that Myah helps out with. We finally found them (6 plants for $1!), but still hadn't found all the peppers we were looking for. So, we headed to one more green house. We did find the rest of our pepper plants, and also took home free flowers for each of the kids. (I was actually able to restrain myself in the flower category! I limited myself to 2 pots of flowers this year, but boy was that difficult!) Kiana was more interested in the ladybugs flying all over the place than she was the flowers, so the lady who owns it, caught one for her and gave it to her. About 5 minutes later, after heading home, Myah asks, "Kiana, where is your ladybug?" Her response? "In my pocket!" She was trying to keep it safe. Unfortunately, that ladybug "fell asleep" as Kiana calls it. :)
One more cute story to share about coming home from the green house yesterday. Myah was pretty excited about all our pepper plants. Remember, this is my horse lover.... When she saw daddy she said, "We even got a palamino pepper!"
No comments:
Post a Comment