Friday, May 23, 2008

A BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE

I was just glancing through an old journal that I had written in just about one year ago. I found something I wrote one evening out of some frustration with the stubbornness I was dealing with at the time with one of my children. I felt led to share it thinking maybe someone else out there may be blessed by it.

****************************************

Just got a vision of a painting. It's in the beginning stages. There are parts that don't make sense yet -- splotches of color that don't go together and haven't formed a picture. To anyone other than the artist, it looks like a mess. But the artist knows what He is doing. He will take all the things that look so terrible and turn it into a beautiful masterpiece fit for the finest of His rooms.

There are some parts already so beautiful, you can't deny them. The yellows, oranges and reds that are already coming into focus. I love that warm fuzzy feeling you get when your eyes fall on this part of the canvas. It all takes time and patience. It takes consistency to finish the artwork. It takes discipline. Sometimes you might have to paint over a color not fit for the end, but blended together with just the right color, the perfect color comes to the surface.

The end product -- something so exquisit, no one could even have pictured it along the way.

God, thank you for making us all into masterpieces. Help me to see beyond the dark splotches that you are working on and see the beauty already painted on the canvas. My hope is in you, Lord, the artist behind the canvas of each of my children. I trust that you will turn them all into beautiful masterpieces fit for the finest roles in your kingdom.

No comments: