FUN WITH THE SCHROTENBOERS!
Most people have those friends out there that you really connect well with. The Schrotenboers are one of those families for us. We have known them since childhood, graduated from high school together, got married around the same time, have taken vacations together over the years, started our families at similar times, and just plain have oodles in common with. Everytime we're together, it feels like we're with family. Last week, they made the long journey from Michigan out to see us. With 3 children, and 24 hours between us, that is no small task. We had an absolutely wonderful time while they were here, and of course it went by way too quickly! I absolutely treasure our friendship with them, as no matter how much time goes by that we don't see each other, nothing changes between us.
Our time with them included a two-day trip to Yellowstone, of which I'll do a separate post with pictures on it at a later time. The kids have spent HOURS playing outside together. The guys went fishing a couple days, everyone got their share of riding horses in, and we've had many late nights just catching up, playing games, and having a great time together. We were blessed with gorgeous weather 95% of the time they were here. Sunny and actually quite warm. I've concluded having two moms around, even if you double the kids, definitely makes life easier!
Here are some random photos from our time together....
Mike & Gina riding at dusk
Joel, Sierra & Myah riding Noodles
Bria, Myah, Gabe (on Mike) and Kiana watching Sierra ride
Playing memory
3 comments:
What great time it looks like you had!! I hope Bria told you hi from me! ;) I do math flashcards every other Tuesday and I asked her on the Tuesday before they left to say hi. I promise that someday we will make a trip out there. (if you'll have us!) It just looks/sounds like so much fun every time someone comes back and I would love to see your place.
One more thing - Are Evan and Mike in short sleaves?? Is it spring out there already!?!?! It felt a little like spring here today with sunshine and 32 degree weather!
OF COURSE you are welcome!!! We love having visitors and are slowly working out the bugs of where to have everyone sleep. I think we have it all figured out now so everyone has their own space. We have big hopes for a guest/bunk house someday, but that probably won't be for a while yet. Just let us know when it works for you!!!!
Evan & Mike had their long-sleeves rolled up, but I do think it hit 50 degrees that day. Our weather has been gorgeous, but is suppose to turn colder next week again.
Post a Comment