Monday, October 29, 2007

A TWO-YEAR OLD, A PIZZA, AND A BABYSITTER

A few days ago, I made home-made pizzas. Due to limited time and not enough stuff for toppings, I only actually put one together for that meal. My pizza dough recipe gives me enough for 2 pizzas and I had thawed enough sauce for 2 as well. So, I decided to make up the crust and sauce and stick one in the freezer for a later time when I had all the goodies to put on it.

Kiana helped me today. She rolled out the dough onto the pizza pan. She rolled and rolled and rolled until I finally made her help me put the sauce on so we could get it in the freezer. Our big chest freezer is downstairs in our laundry room, and I laid it right on top so it wouldn't tip.

Our trusty babysitter came tonight while Evan was in Billings and I was at my ladies Bible study. Hang with me here and try to visualize this.... Jodi was getting the kids a bedtime snack. Myah and Joel were helping her in the kitchen when all of the sudden Kiana appears in the doorway with a pizza! (Keep in mind, Jodi had no idea we had this in a freezer in the basement.) Jodi could not for the life of her figure out where she got the pizza from because they were in the kitchen the whole time. Kiana kept asking me all day if the pizza was done yet. I think she thought we put it in the freezer to cook it, and she was antsy to eat it! Moral of the story...when a two-year old wants a pizza, you better not get in her way! She went downstairs by herself, opened the freezer, got the pizza out and brought it up to a very confused babysitter.

I thought this was funny, but maybe you had to be here to think so.... :)

No comments: