FAVORITE HOLIDAY CHILDREN'S BOOKS
I tuck away our Christmas books every year and pull them out when we decorate the tree. This makes them extra special and fun to read this time of the year. Some of the books in our book basket include the following: (I'd also love to hear what some of your favorites are!)
A Star From the Least by Amy Jo Hoekzema
A Child's Christmas at St. Nicholas Circle inspired by Thomas Kinkade
The Candymaker's Gift by David & Helen Haidle
Mary Did You Know? by Mark Lowry
The Legend of the Christmas Tree by Rick Osborne
The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg
A Candle in the Window by Grace Johnson
A Cat in the Stable by Troon Harrison
Cranberry Christmas by Wende and Harry Devlin
The Polar Express by Christ Van Allsburg
Christmas Carols for a Kid's Heart by Bobbie Wolgemuth and Joni Eareckson Tada
Every year my mom picks out a new Christmas story and blesses our children with it. It's been a great way to add to our collection. We also love to visit the library and see what Christmas books they have. We recently read one called "A Christmas with Grandfather" and it we all enjoyed it. I'm just amazed at all the good literature that is out there for our kids to enjoy, each season of the year!
2 comments:
Hey Terri!
I had just read your post when I checked out Girl Talk, and they had a post that, among other things, had a couple of kids' Christmas book suggestions. Check it out! http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/2006/12/a_christmas_pot.html
I haven't heard of a lot of those books, we'll have to see if the library has them. Thanks for the list.
Post a Comment