You know you're getting old, when you go to bed before midnight on New Year's Eve, in spite of having company over. :) The guys (& Myah) were getting up early the next morning for a duck hunt. The moms and younger kids, well, we were just tired.
In processing the new year, here are some personal goals:
* Read through the Bible again this year. This has changed my life. I use this plan, and love it.
* Pray more... and more... and more... This is where the power lies, and yet it is always such a battle to begin.
* Memorize Psalm 119... or at least a lot of it. :)
A new thing I have started with Myah, my 12 year old daughter:
We share a journal and write back and forth. What a blessing this has been! I write in it when it is my turn, and leave it on her bed for her to find. She then responds and write back, and leaves it on mine. What joy comes when I walk in my room, and find that special treasure waiting to be read. :)
Regarding homeschooling:
Relax. Enjoy the moments. Don't worry about being legalistic about finishing every task in the curriculum. I am learning that my kids learn so much from avenues I never dreamed of. They learn from having responsibility and tasks. They learn from every day life. Yes, the other is important, but it isn't all that is important.
Finally, "Seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you." My life must be an example to my children and all around me that no matter what task I am doing, my goal is to be a vessel used by the Lord to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. Aside from Christ, I have no hope. He needs to be everything in every moment. I need to shine His light in all I do.
5 comments:
Beautiful, encouraging, and thoughtful post my friend! I'm so thankful that the LORD had our paths cross. You are a blessing to me. May the LORD bless you in 2013 in all the things you list and in everything! HE is Precious!!
As for staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve...hmmmm...I guess we've been *old* for a very long time! LOL!
Love,
Camille
Thank you, Camille! I am so thankful that the LORD had our paths cross as well!! You are a blessing to me! Many blessings to you and your family this coming year as well!
Love,
Terri
LOVE the journal idea with Myah! I've heard of doing that with a spouse before, and often wanted to start it, but I think it's a beautiful thing with a child too! Awesome, Terri! Love you!
Just stopping in tonight to tell you that I am thankful for you, and that you hold a special place in my heart. It was because of your blog that I began mine...see what an influence you can be without even knowing it?? I do hope that one day we can meet up in person and give each other a hug! And...share a cup of coffee. And...pray together. And...just talk and talk! :)
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Camille
Thank you, Camille! All of that sounds absolutely wonderful! The praying and talking especially, and the hug and yes, even the coffee, too! :) I am sorry I am not on here much right now.... seasons, I guess. :) I think of you often, though. God is doing so.very.much. I really should be writing it all down, but it's almost overwhelming. I am just thankful He is teaching me. How I desire to know Him more! Much love to you!! Thank you for your note. :)
Post a Comment