Thursday, August 30, 2012

PONDERING SOME SCRIPTURE

For our daily reading, we have been in Ezekiel. This morning I was journaling on some really good stuff from chapter 10 when I asked Evan what stood out to him.  I don't normally "steal" his thoughts, but the moment he mentioned this verse to me, it just popped off the page.

Ezekiel 9:4b, 6 "...put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within.. utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women, but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark"

My thoughts were this.... God was telling Ezekiel to tell the men to observe which people were grieved over the abominations in Jerusalem and put a mark on their foreheads.  What made these people stand out & ultimately save them from being slayed was their grief over sin -- their sadness for all that was occurring that didn't please the Lord.  It was obvious to others how they felt about it.  It set them apart.

How sorrowful am I over the sin and abominations that are all around me?  How grieved am I over my own sin? 

Lord, help me to be grieved & sorrowful over the wickedness in this world.  Help me not to tolerate sin in my own life.  May I have no idols before You, but seek to know You more, and serve You in greater ways every day I have breath.  Amen.

"The things that consume your thoughts -- those things are the gods in your life." 

1 comment:

Camille said...

What a good barometer to measure our hearts with Terri! "The things that consume your thoughts -- those things are the gods in your life." Oh dear! Yes, indeed...may the LORD give us a passion for serving HIM with all we have and are! Oh that I would love HIM more!! Thank you for sharing your heart my friend (and for sharing Evan's thoughts on this passage)...it's always a blessing.

Love,
Camille