Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A PERIOD OF SILENCE


I have been absent for a while.  Life has been busy, but life has been sweet.  Some things have just had to be put aside, and the blog was the first to go.  

I am desperately trying to soak the moments in with my children, who just don't stop growing up for some reason.  The other day, all 4 of them had discovered popsicles left by some special people in our outside freezer.  Each one had their favorite color and was sitting on the picnic table enjoying a really hot summer day.  I looked out my kitchen window and forced myself to stop what I was doing and go outside.  Surrounded by tomatoes and heaps of dirty pans from canning, I opened the door and sat on the step and just stared at them, soaking in the moment.... one I didn't let slip away.  There have been so many I have.

School has started back up.  It's going very well considering I have officially added Aden to the schedule this year.  They are learning so much.  I am thankful for the opportunity I have to stay home, teach them & train them up in the Scriptures.  It is a huge task, but one I know I will never ever regret doing!  Our verse for the year is Jeremiah 32:17 "Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You!"

Guess that's it for now, but I do hope to write more... I'm realizing how much I have missed it.  




4 comments:

Camille said...

Precious friend...it is SO good to read even this little update from you!! You have been missed!! :)

Oh...I hear you on the *moments* and the *growing up*...oh...how I do!!! It seems that in the last few years it has been picking up speed around here. I look UP to our oldest son (he's about an inch taller than me now), and our second son is not far behind! They really are becoming MEN!! How did it happen??

ENJOY each wonderful moment...what a gift!! I'm proud of you for setting aside that time to sit and soak in those memories with your four...you will NEVER regret it!!

Much Love to you!
Camille

Terri said...

I have missed you, too, Camille! Have meant so many times to drop you an e-mail again, but just hasn't happened. Thank you for understanding my absence! :) Blessings to you!!

Camille said...

Why don't we set up a phone date? That would be lovely. And, of course I understand your absence!! :)

Have a great day!

Love,
Camille

Terri said...

Would LOVE a phone date, Camille! :)