(I did have several pictures to post with this, but was not able to get them to work for some reason...)
Hand Update: I am down to a finger splint. I do still have a pin in my finger that will have to be removed at some point (not sure yet if that will require me to have another surgery or not). I still have physical therapy weekly. My finger is straight again, and I even have a tiny (very, VERY tiny) bit of some sort of wiggle in the tip of my finger. I'm not sure I see it, but my therapists says she does. The goal is to be able to get a good closed fist in order to have as good of use as I can again. For now, I'm still very clumsy and frequently drop things!
Bozeman: We went to Bozeman with Evan this past week. I had high expectations of doing book work with the kids. Instead, we went to parks, went swimming, got some modeling clay and paints and spent time doing some crafty projects. We all enjoyed the break!
Hunting: Evan and I both had a successful antelope hunt this last Monday. There is nothing like a day antelope hunting with my hubby! I LOVE antelope hunting! Both antelope are cut up and in the freezer. We even enjoyed bacon wrapped tenderloins the other night... yum!
Gardening: In 3 hours time, I sold most of the pumpkins that grew in the garden this year. I also had a successful year of canning tomatoes, with many thanks going to my neighbor who did many of them for me right after my surgery. The kids just picked a wagon full of green ones that are ripening in the garage because we have had several nights of hard frost this past week. I still hope to be able to can some of those!
Bible Studies: We started a Sunday night study here in our home. We held the first one around the campfire, the second one in the upper room of the barn, and this past Sunday we were in our living room because it was just too cold out there. Please keep praying for the barn to be able to get completed! Our ladies study continues to work through 1 Peter. I just finished studying for tomorrow night -- chapter 3:1-6 -- wives submit to your husbands, and we will also touch on modesty, a topic which I also have a blog post rolling around in my head which will hopefully find it's way on here at some point! The Thursday night study continues at the shelter. We just keep plowing trusting that obedient hearts bring glory to God and also that He is doing a work in the hearts of those who come! Alcohol is a terrible stronghold.
Myah's 10th Birthday is this coming weekend. To celebrate, she and I are having a mommy/daughter date on Thursday. We plan to go to town and do some girly things, one of which is to get her ears pierced! (We are also going to talk about 1 Peter 3:3-4!) I think we both are pretty excited for some time alone together! Also, she picked out a new horse helmet for riding and plans to decorate her OWN cake this year!
School: We have our good days and our bad days. Days that we are done at 11am, and days that take us until 4pm. We have thoroughly enjoyed our journey through history in light of the old testament so far this year. I personally have learned SO MUCH, and I think the kids have as well. I'm looking into a different math curriculum for Joel, so if any of you homeschool moms out there have any suggestions, I'm beginning my research. We currently use Singapore, but I think something a bit more hands on might be in order for his way of learning. I'm leaning towards Math-U-See at the moment.
I'm also in need of some good literature suggestions for Myah. I can't keep enough quality literature in the house for her. She will read books 3 times over, put them down for a while and read them again later on. She has devoured many books in the "Christian Heroes Then and Now" series and has learned about so many missionaries through those books!
Kiana is blossoming this year. I can't wait to see where she's at in a few months because her desire to learn has drastically intensified these past couple of weeks. She also attended art class with Myah today for the first time. She has beautiful handwriting, loves to draw, and is working very hard at reading! I think Math is her favorite subject, though!
I leave you with a verse I wrote down this morning....
"For you, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10b
2 comments:
WOW...you have been sooo busy! Everything sounds great Terri. Can you believe your girl is turning TEN?! Dear me...time does fly! Enjoy these precious days.
About your hand...good news! And hang in there...be patient and word at it...you are doing so well. :)
We *love* Professor B Math...it "unlocks the mystery" of it all.
Books...has she read "Pollyanna", "Anne of Green Gables" (there are eight books in that series), and there is a series for girls from Vision Forum...I think it's called Elsie Dunsmore...sp?
Blessings to you!
Camille
Yes, Camille. Fall is a crazy time around here! No, I can't believe Myah is turning TEN! She's growing up and really desires to serve the Lord. Praise Him!! She has a beautiful heart, and I'm so thankful for what God is doing. There has been such a drastic change this past year. I'll have to check into that Math, and thanks for the book suggestions. She has read many of the Elsie Books (several times) that we have gotten our hands on (which thanks to my mom is most of the series, I think) and she has read at least one of the Anne books, I think. I will have to pursue that a bit more! THANK YOU, and blessings to you, too! Your comments always brighten my day! :)
Post a Comment