Monday, September 27, 2010

SURGERY UPDATE
(warning:: if you have a weak stomach, don't read this post!)


Last week, I had to have a second surgery on my right ring finger from my accident with a ladder in June.  My bone wasn't healing, and we discovered that because it slipped out of place after the first surgery, tendons got caught in the bone, preventing it from healing properly and moving at all.  Dr. C. took some bone from my wrist to re-make my finger bone, and now the healing begins...again!  Long term outcome looks very positive at this point, but only time will tell.


I didn't get a picture of my post-surgery wrap, but this is what things look like 7 days post-op!  If nothing else, at least it is straight again!





8 comments:

Camille said...

OH Dear ME!! What a journey you have been on Terri! I will pray that it will heal up really well this time...so sorry it had to be done again! :(

Sending you lots of love and (((hugs)))!

Camille

Terri said...

Thanks, Camille. I really hope I didn't bother anyone too much with these pictures! I also realized I had a pretty bad spelling error (oops!) Must still be coming off the meds.... :) Thank you for your prayers!!

Peg V.O. said...

Looks pretty "ugly", but I am sure it will turn out pretty again. Praying for quick and accurate healing! Be sure to keep that splint in place! Love you!

Kim K said...

Praying for quick healing for you. I'm sure it is so hard to have healing incisions on your hand. Love, Kim and family

Camille said...

Checking in with you my friend. I have you on my side bar so I know when you update your blog, but just wanted you to know that I am keeping tabs on you! Are you going to do an update post to show the "after" and how it all heals up? I will pray that the LORD will restore it completely.

With Love,
Camille

Terri said...

Thanks everyone for your concern and prayers!

Camille: I will show an update soon on my hand. It is looking much better, but I still have therapy every week. :) I apologize that I have had so very little time for my blog lately. I can't seem to keep up with normal daily tasks lately, so have had no choice but to set the computer aside more often! I apologize!! :)

Camille said...

Oh Terri...do NOT apologize!!! I TOTALLY understand!!! Just wanted you to know that you have not been forgotten. :) Take as much time as you need...and the blog SHOULD be at the bottom of the list.

Lots of love,
Camille

Terri said...

Thank you for your steady encouragement, Camille. You have no idea what it means to me!!