IT’S BEEN A WHILE…. SORRY!
I’m not so good at typing one-handed, so I’ve kind of been avoiding the computer lately. I've also been having a little trouble with posting for some reason. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
SURGERY:: They put two pins in to hold my bone together on my right ring finger. I literally cut a chunk of bone off when a ladder folded in half on both of my hands on my birthday. I bruised up both hands pretty good, had stitches and needed surgery to repair the broken finger. I have 3 fingers now in a splint on my right hand. The bruising on my left hand has healed up pretty well. 3 more days, and they pull the pins out, and I will go down to a smaller splint. I can hardly wait!! In the meantime, I’ve been very thankful for lots of help.
RINGSHOPPING:: They had to cut all of my rings off because of the swelling. They can repair my wedding band, but my engagement ring that holds my diamond has worn so thin over the years that I need to replace it. I have never been very good at making those kinds of decisions, but think I finally found what I had in mind and at a price that we can live with. :)
GARDENING:: The weeds don’t stop growing and the plants still need water even though I had an accident. Thanks to many helpful hands, my gardens are looking pretty good! I’m most excited about the pumpkins! Praying we don't get any hail!
FAMILY VISITING:: Even though it can be hot, I really think June/July are some of the best weeks to visit here. Hardin has its own little festival celebrating the battle of the Little Big Horn. We went to the Native version of the reenactment this years with Evan’s parents. It was REALLY good! We also rented a boat and took it out on the Big Horn Canyon. Swimming, rock jumping, even seeing a very cute black bear pretty close up! After Evan's parents left, my mom arrived to help out. It's been wonderful having her here and I look forward to spending the rest of the week with her!
4H:: Myah has weekly trips with Cowboy to the fairgrounds right now preparing for fair the end of this month. It’s going very well. Both of them really seem to be enjoying it and are learning to work well with each other.
Swimming Lessons:: We start 3 weeks of lessons tomorrow! Kids are excited!
Hay:: Cut, baled, and stacked, and I couldn't help out with one bale this year...
Animals:: Still making 12 bottles a day for the calves. Added 3 piglets from the rodeo on the 4th (what were we thinking???) Found out that what were GUARANTEED to be 2 female rabbits were not so... waiting for baby bunnies...
Bible Studies:: Studying James 3 this Wednesday at the women's study. Finishing up John 14 on Thursday night at the shelter. Sent another lady for treatment; I'm so excited for her! We just keep plowing...praise God it's Him that does the work. What a blessing it is to serve Him! It's my desire that we always walk listening to His voice guiding us (Isaiah 30:21). Though I fail so often, I desire to walk each day obedient to Him.
Child Training:: Does it ever end? I'm looking forward to fall routines again.
I’m not so good at typing one-handed, so I’ve kind of been avoiding the computer lately. I've also been having a little trouble with posting for some reason. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
SURGERY:: They put two pins in to hold my bone together on my right ring finger. I literally cut a chunk of bone off when a ladder folded in half on both of my hands on my birthday. I bruised up both hands pretty good, had stitches and needed surgery to repair the broken finger. I have 3 fingers now in a splint on my right hand. The bruising on my left hand has healed up pretty well. 3 more days, and they pull the pins out, and I will go down to a smaller splint. I can hardly wait!! In the meantime, I’ve been very thankful for lots of help.
RINGSHOPPING:: They had to cut all of my rings off because of the swelling. They can repair my wedding band, but my engagement ring that holds my diamond has worn so thin over the years that I need to replace it. I have never been very good at making those kinds of decisions, but think I finally found what I had in mind and at a price that we can live with. :)
GARDENING:: The weeds don’t stop growing and the plants still need water even though I had an accident. Thanks to many helpful hands, my gardens are looking pretty good! I’m most excited about the pumpkins! Praying we don't get any hail!
FAMILY VISITING:: Even though it can be hot, I really think June/July are some of the best weeks to visit here. Hardin has its own little festival celebrating the battle of the Little Big Horn. We went to the Native version of the reenactment this years with Evan’s parents. It was REALLY good! We also rented a boat and took it out on the Big Horn Canyon. Swimming, rock jumping, even seeing a very cute black bear pretty close up! After Evan's parents left, my mom arrived to help out. It's been wonderful having her here and I look forward to spending the rest of the week with her!
4H:: Myah has weekly trips with Cowboy to the fairgrounds right now preparing for fair the end of this month. It’s going very well. Both of them really seem to be enjoying it and are learning to work well with each other.
Swimming Lessons:: We start 3 weeks of lessons tomorrow! Kids are excited!
Hay:: Cut, baled, and stacked, and I couldn't help out with one bale this year...
Animals:: Still making 12 bottles a day for the calves. Added 3 piglets from the rodeo on the 4th (what were we thinking???) Found out that what were GUARANTEED to be 2 female rabbits were not so... waiting for baby bunnies...
Bible Studies:: Studying James 3 this Wednesday at the women's study. Finishing up John 14 on Thursday night at the shelter. Sent another lady for treatment; I'm so excited for her! We just keep plowing...praise God it's Him that does the work. What a blessing it is to serve Him! It's my desire that we always walk listening to His voice guiding us (Isaiah 30:21). Though I fail so often, I desire to walk each day obedient to Him.
Child Training:: Does it ever end? I'm looking forward to fall routines again.
1 comment:
Oh Terri...what a BUSY time!! I am SO sorry about your poor hands! What a picture of how we each have a function in the Body of Christ, isn't it? When one member (or in your case, many members) are injured, we all hurt! I pray that all will heal up perfectly and you will be "back to normal" soon! I have missed you while you have been "out of commission"!
Love to you!
Camille
Post a Comment