Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DO YOU NEED ENCOURAGEMENT TODAY?

I know I did. This was taken from an article written by Elizabeth Smith, wife of HSLDA President Mike Smith in regards to homeschooling high school age kids. Though I don't quite fit into that category (yet), it blessed me immensely in my situation today. I hope it does you as well. God wants to "show Himself strong" on your behalf today!


For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect [at peace with or loyal] toward him..
II Chronicles 16:9 KJV


It is hard for me to wrap my mind around the concept that He is going back and forth over the whole world, continually scanning the earth, seeking us out and searching for those of us who are completely loyal to him. To me it means God is pursuing us with a desire to walk with us everyday. He says He does this because he wants to "show" His strength in the things we face day in and day out. He knows our frailties and the limitations of our human condition. And because He is a loving God, it gives Him pleasure to meet our needs in this way.

Saint Paul knew how to tap into God's strength for his life. In II Corinthians 12:10 he says, "Therefore I take pleasure in my infirmities.forChrist's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong." KJV

The necessary ingredient we need for God to release His strength in our lives is humility. All we need to do is acknowledge our own need our weakness. Our willingness to humble ourselves and admit that we can't do it without Him is all He asks.

Wouldn't it be a little insulting to the Lord for Him to make us this offer and for us to disregard it? Hasn't He proved Himself by sending His own Son to earth to give His life to satisfy God's requirement that our sins be covered by Jesus' blood sacrifice? What more could God do to prove His love for us? It is through God's sheer power, or strength, that He raised His Son from the dead and won the final victory over sin and death. It is this very strength that is made available to us when He offers "to show Himself strong" on our behalf.

~ Elizabeth Smith

No comments: